- dig ccMixter: A music discovery site operated by ArtisTech Media, and founded by Creative Commons. The site has been used for over 1 million videos and games.
- Free Music Archive (FMA): The #1 resource for free music and royalty free music.
- Freeplay Music: Freeplay Music is one of the most trusted production music libraries in the world, with over 50,000 songs free.
- Free SFX: The Free SFX.co.uk license agreement and philosophy makes sounds available for anyone to use in their productions.
- Freesound: Freesound aims to create a huge collaborative database of audio snippets, samples, recordings, bleeps, ... released under Creative Commons licenses that allow their reuse.
- Internet Archive | Audio Archive: This library contains recordings ranging from alternative news programming, to Grateful Dead concerts, to Old Time Radio shows, to book and poetry readings, to original music uploaded by our users. Many of these audios and MP3s are available for free download.
- Open Music Archive: Open Music Archive is a collaborative project to source, digitize and distribute out-of-copyright sound recordings.
- SoundBible.com: SoundBible.com offers free sound clips for download in either wav or mp3 format. SoundBible.com offers free and royalty free sound effects and clips for video editors, movie scores, game designers, and weekend sound warriors.
- Sound Jay: Sound Jay is a free sound effects web site. You are allowed to use the sounds on the Sound Jay website free of charge and royalty free in your projects but you are NOT allowed to post the sounds on any web site for others to download, link directly to individual sound files, or sell the sounds to anyone else.
- Soungle: Soungle is a search engine that allows you to find and download royalty free sound effects easily.
- Incompetech: Download Royalty Free Music and Creative Commons Music from composer Kevin Macleod.
- Purple Planet Music: Purple Planet Music tracks can be downloaded free for use in your project. You are welcome to change a piece’s length or edit it in any way you wish to fit your project, as long as Purple Planet Music is credited.
- Clips: Clips is a free app for making fun videos to share with friends and family.
- GarageBand: GarageBand turns your iPad, and iPhone into a collection of Touch Instruments and a full-featured recording studio — so you can make music anywhere you go.
- iMovie: With a streamlined design and intuitive Multi-Touch gestures, iMovie lets you create Hollywood-style trailers and beautiful movies like never before.
- My Photo Booth App: Turn your iPad into a professional live touchscreen photo booth!
- Preview: Preview allows you to fill out and sign forms right on your Mac, protect your confidential documents, combine PDF documents, and convert image files to a variety of file types.
COPYRIGHT FREE OR COPYRIGHT COMMONS IMAGE SOURCES
- CC Search: CC Search is a tool that allows openly licensed and public domain works to be discovered and used by everyone.
- Flickr | Creative Commons: Many Flickr users have chosen to offer their work under a Creative Commons license, and you can browse or search through content under each type of license.
- Flickr | The Commons: The key goal of The Commons is to share hidden treasures from the world's public photography archives.
- Freeimages: Freeimages was launched in February 2001 as an alternative for expensive stock photography. The idea was to create a site where creative people could exchange their photos for inspiration or work.
- Image*After: Image*After is a large online free photo collection. You can download and use any image or texture from the site and use it in your own work, either personal or commercial.
- Internet Archive | Image Archive: This library contains digital images uploaded by Archive users which range from maps to astronomical imagery to photographs of artwork. Many of these images are available for free download.
- Morguefile: Morguefile is a free photo archive “for creatives, by creatives.” The site was created to serve as a free image exchange for creative professionals and teachers to use in their work, all photos found in the Morguefile archive are free for you to download and re-use in your work, be it commercial or not.
- Openphoto: Openphoto provides curated open source photos that are free to download under a Creative Commons license.
- Pexels: Pexels is a free stock photo and video website and app that helps designers, bloggers, and everyone who is looking for visuals to find great photos and videos that can be downloaded and used for free. If you see a photo or video you like, simply download it for free (no strings attached!).
- Pics4Learning: Pics4Learning is a curated image library that is safe and free for education. Teachers and students can use the copyright-friendly photos and illustrations for classroom projects, web sites, videos, portfolios, or any other projects in an educational setting.
COPYRIGHTED IMAGE SOURCES
- Getty Search Gateway: The Getty Search Gateway allows users to search across several of the Getty repositories, including collections databases, library catalogs, collection inventories, and archival finding aids.
- Indiana Memory: Indiana Memory is a collaborative effort to provide access to the wealth of primary sources in Indiana libraries, archives, museums, and other cultural institutions. The materials available on the Indiana Memory website are from various collaborating institutions. These digital resources are protected by U.S. copyright and intellectual property laws.
- Library of Congress Digital Collections: Materials displayed on LOC websites are intended for reference use only. If you want to use or reuse the materials beyond the LOC website, you need to be aware of copyright and other rights restrictions.
- LIFE Photo Archive: Search millions of photographs from the LIFE photo archive, stretching from the 1750s to today. Most were never published and are now available for the first time through the joint work of LIFE and Google. The images are copyrighted to Time, Inc. and available for “personal non-commercial use only“.
- National Archives: The National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) is the nation's record keeper.
- Picsearch: Picsearch connects its users to the vast visual resources of the internet. Picsearch uses its own technology to crawl the web and has created a searchable index of images.
- Smithsonian Libraries Image Gallery Collections: The Smithsonian's digital collections include over 35,000 digitized books and manuscripts, digitized photo collections, ephemera, and seed catalogs.
VIDEO CREATION AND EDITING
- Edpuzzle: Easily create beautiful interactive video lessons for your students that you can directly integrate into your Google Classroom.
RESOURCES AND TOOLS FOR TEACHING WITH VIDEOS
1. JOURNEYS IN FILM: HTTPS://JOURNEYSINFILM.ORG
2. TEACHING WITH MOVIES: HTTP://TEACHWITHMOVIES.ORG
3. WE ARE TEACHERS: HTTPS://WWW.WEARETEACHERS.COM/8-WAYS-HELP-STUDENTS-WATCH-VIDEO-CRITICALLY-INSTEAD-ZONING/
VIDEOS FOR EDUCATION
- ANNENBERG LEARNER: HTTP://LEARNER.ORG/
- BBC BITESIZE: HTTPS://WWW.BBC.COM/BITESIZE
- *BRITANNICA SCHOOL (REQUIRES YOUR STUDENT/STAFF NUMBER): HTTP://HIGHLANDHS.IDM.OCLC.ORG/LOGIN?URL=HTTPS://SCHOOL.EB.COM/
- BIG THINK: HTTPS://BIGTHINK.COM/
- COSMOLEARNING: HTTPS://COSMOLEARNING.ORG/
- COURSERA: HTTPS://WWW.COURSERA.ORG/
- *CREDO: VIDEO RESOURCES IN ACADEMIC CORE (REQUIRES YOUR STUDENT/STAFF NUMBER):
- EXPLORATORIUM VIDEO: HTTPS://WWW.EXPLORATORIUM.EDU/VIDEO
- EXPLORE.ORG: HTTPS://EXPLORE.ORG/LIVECAMS
- FREE DOCUMENTARIES: HTTP://FREEDOCUMENTARIES.ORG/
- FUTURE LEARN: HTTPS://WWW.FUTURELEARN.COM/
- GOOGLE TALKS: HTTPS://WWW.YOUTUBE.COM/USER/ATGOOGLETALKS
- GOOGLE VIDEOS: HTTPS://WWW.GOOGLE.COM/VIDEOHP
ADD THE TERM "EDUCATIONAL" OR "DOCUMENTARY" TO YOUR SEARCH.
- HIPPOCAMPUS: HTTPS://HIPPOCAMPUS.ORG/HIPPOCAMPUS/
- Internet Archive | Moving Image Archive: HTTPS://WEB.ARCHIVE.ORG/WEB/20200918102909/HTTPS://ARCHIVE.ORG/DETAILS/MOVIES
- *ITUNESU (REQUIRES YOUR SCHOOL APPLE LOGIN): HTTP://WWW.OPEN.EDU/ITUNES/
- KHAN ACADEMY: HTTPS://WWW.KHANACADEMY.ORG/
- LINKTV: HTTPS://WWW.LINKTV.ORG/
- MIT: HTTPS://WWW.YOUTUBE.COM/MIT/
- MIT OPENCOURSEWARE: HTTPS://OCW.MIT.EDU/INDEX.HTM
- THE MOVING IMAGE ARCHIVE: HTTPS://ARCHIVE.ORG/DETAILS/MOVIES
- OV: THE OPEN VIDEO PROJECT: HTTPS://OPEN-VIDEO.ORG/
- PBS LEARNINGMEDIA INDIANA: HTTPS://INDIANA.PBSLEARNINGMEDIA.ORG/
- *SAFARIMONTAGE LOR EXCHANGE (TEACHER ACCESS ONLY, REQUIRES YOUR SCHOOL NETWORK LOGIN): HTTP://10.2.12.100/SAFARI/MONTAGE/LOGIN/LOGIN.PHP
- SCHOOLTUBE: HTTPS://WWW.SCHOOLTUBE.COM/
- TEACHERTUBE: HTTPS://WWW.TEACHERTUBE.COM/
- TEDED: HTTPS://ED.TED.COM/
- TED TALKS: HTTPS://WWW.TED.COM/TALKS
- TOP DOCUMENTARY FILMS: HTTPS://TOPDOCUMENTARYFILMS.COM/
- UWTV: HTTP://WWW.UWTV.ORG/
- VIDEOLECTURES.NET: HTTP://VIDEOLECTURES.NET/
- WATCHKNOWLEARN: HTTP://WWW.WATCHKNOWLEARN.ORG/
- WIKIMEDIA COMMONS: HTTPS://COMMONS.WIKIMEDIA.ORG/WIKI/MAIN_PAGE
*THESE RESOURCES ARE SUBSCRIPTION RESOURCES. YOU WILL NEED TO USE THE LOGIN CREDENTIALS IDENTIFIED WITHIN THE PARENTHESES "( )".